Less fuel consumption.
No modifications necessary for equipment currently set up for the previous GX series.
|Engine Type||Air-cooled, 4-Stroke, OHV, single cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||3.0" x 2.3" (77 x 58 mm)|
|Displacement||16 cu in (270 cm3)|
|Compression Ratio||8.5 : 1|
|Net power (kW/rpm)*||8.5 hp (6.3 kW)|
|Net Torque*||14.1 lbs ft (19.1 Nm)|
|PTO Shaft Rotation||Counterclockwise (from PTO shaft side)|
|Ignition System||Digital CDI with variable ignition timing|
|Starting System||Recoil Starter|
|Governor System||Centrifugal Mass Type|
|Air Cleaner||Dual Element|
|Oil Capacity||1.16 US qt (1.1 L)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||5.6 US qt (5.3 L)|
|Evaporative Emissions||Low permeation hose and purge joint provided|
|Exhaust Emissions||Certified for use in all 50 states|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||15.0" (380 mm) x 16.9" (429 mm) x 16.6" (422 mm)|
|Dry Weight||55 lbs (25.0 kg)|
* The power rating of the engine indicated in this document is the net power output tested on a production engine for the engine model and measured in accordance with SAE J1349 at 3,600 rpm (net power) and at 2,500 rpm (Max net torque). Mass production engines may vary from this value. Actual power output for the engine installed in the final machine will vary depending on numerous factors, including the operating speed of the engine in application, environmental conditions, maintenance, and other variables.
Honda GX Series Engines The Next Generation
The new Honda GX Series engines offer up to 6% more power over the original models. The increase in power is achieved through several innovative improvements.
- The new GX series now employs a digital CDI ignition system to dramatically improve ignition timing.
- The compression ratio has been increased
- Combustion air flow has been enhanced through a more efficient air cleaner design that reduces air flow restriction.
Youll enjoy noise reduction levels ranging from 2.5 to 8db thanks to Hondas re-designed air cleaner and muffler. Vibration levels have also been reduced through the use of an all new, light weight piston.
Fuel consumption has been reduced by 10% through dramatically improved combustion efficiency. The new GX series offers:
- Improved ignition timing
- Smaller inlet port and
- Increased compression ratio.
This means longer runs times and lower fuel costs for Honda owners.
OEMs can pass along new improvements and features without having to worry about costly and time consuming product modifications. New GX Series models have the exact footprint and fit into the same envelope as their similarly sized predecessors.
EPA Phase 3 Ready!
Once again, Honda leads the way in offering power solutions that meet EPA Phase 3 emission regulations well ahead of schedule.
Even more importantly, Honda GX engines meet these regulations without the need for a catalyst.